6th Grade Curriculum Page
2. Transfer of Energy
- Electric currents and magnets can exert a force on each other.
4th quarter; one week
Suggested Teaching Strategies:
Activities should help to introduce electro-magnetic fields. Demonstrations with magnets and iron filings facilitate understanding of the force of magnetism.
- Core Lab 9: Magnetism; Positive and Negative Charges
- Globe Fearon Text - Lessons 11/5 -11/6 (Review worksheets 95-100, Enrichment worksheet 47)
- Prentice Hall Text - Chapter 3 (Electric Current and Magnetic Fields) Electricity and Magnetism
- Demonstration Tools: Magnets