7th Grade Curriculum Page
1. Structure and Function in Living Systems
- Specialized structures perform specific functions at all levels of complexity (e.g., leaves on trees and wings on birds).
Suggested Teaching Strategies:
- Division of labor activities.
- Discuss cell organelles and their functions.
- Distinguish between plant and animal cells with an emphasis on the cell wall and chloroplasts in the plant cell.
- Identify the defining features of each kingdom.
- Construct "Phylum Chordata" booklets - identifying the defining structural features of each class in the phylum.
- Identify the key organs in the human body and describe their function.