Chemistry I Curriculum Page
Content Standard 2:
- A large number of important reactions involve the transfer of either electrons (oxidation/reduction) or hydrogen ions (acid/base reactions).
- A large number of important reactions involve chemicals classified as acids and bases.
4th Quarter; 8 days
Suggested Teaching Strategies:
- Identify the characteristics of oxidation and reduction reactions.
- Investigate characteristics of:
- acid-base reactions
- formulas of acids and bases
- strengths of acids and bases