Chemistry II AP Curriculum Page
College Board Topic I:
Structure of Matter
- Atomic theory and atomic structure
- Evidence for the atomic theory
- Atomic masses; determination by chemical and physical means
- Atomic number and mass number; isotopes
- Electron energy levels: atomic spectra, quantum numbers, atomic orbitals
- Periodic relationships including, for example, atomic radii, ionization energies, electron affinities, oxidation states
See course calendar
Suggested Teaching Strategies:
Sections 1-5 are covered in the first year of chemistry.
Topics 1-5 are reviewed during the first weeks of AP Chemistry.