ChemCom Curriculum Page
Content Standard 1:
Structure and Properties of Matter
- All matter is made of atoms and atoms are composed of even smaller components (i.e. protons, neutrons, and electrons). Matter's structure is made up of repeating patterns and has characteristic properties.
Suggested Teaching Strategies:
- Unit 1. B. 3. Molecular View of Water, Modeling Matter-Pictures in the Mind
- Unit 2. D. 1. Structure and Properties: Allotropes, Linking Properties to Structure-Building Skills 11
- Unit 6.
- A. 2. Nuclear Radiation
- A. 3. The Gold-Foil Experiment
- A. 4. Architecture of Atoms, Modeling Matter, Isotopic Pennies
- B. 1. Exposure to Ionizing Radiation, Radiation Exposure Standards-ChemQuandry 2
- B. 2. Your Annual Ionizing Radiation Dose-Making Decisions
- B. 2. Ionizing Radiation: How Much Is Safe?
- B. 4. Alpha, Beta, and Gamma Radiation-Laboratory Activity
- B. 5. Natural Radioactive Decay, Nuclear Balancing Act-Building Skills 3
- B. 6. Radon
- C. 1. Half-Life: A Radioactive Clock, Carbon-14 Dating-ChemQuandry 3, Modeling Matter,
Understanding Half-Life, Half-Lives-Building Skills 4
- Core Lab 14: Lentil Lab
- Top Chem Lab: 30 Diffusion of Two Gases
- The World of Chemistry Videotapes:
- 4 Modeling the Unseen
- 6 The Atom