ChemCom Curriculum Page
Content Standard 1:
Structure and Properties of Matter
- An element if composed of a single type of atom. When elements are listed in order according to the number of protons, repeating patterns of physical and chemical properties identify families of elements with similar properties.
Suggested Teaching Strategies:
- Unit 2.
- A. 1. Properties Make The Difference, Physical and Chemical Properties Building Skills 1
- A. 3. Metal or Nonmetal? Laboratory Activity
- A. 4. The Periodic Table
- A. 5. Grouping the Elements, Making Decisions
- A. 6. The Pattern of Atomic Numbers, Periodic Variation in Properties, Building Skills 2, Predicting Properties, Building Skills 3
- B. 1. Sources and Uses of Metals, Properties and Uses of Copper, Building Skills 4
- B. 5. Metals: Properties and Uses, Discovery of Metals, ChemQuandry 1, Trends in Metal Reactivity, Building Skills 5