ChemCom Curriculum Page
Content Standard 2:
- A chemical reaction is one in which one or more substances are converted into different substances. A chemical change cannot be reversed by physical means.
- Chemical reactions occur all around us. These reactions may release or consume energy but the total energy of the system remains constant.
Suggested Teaching Strategies:
- Unit 1. D. 1 Natural Water Purification
- Unit 3.
- B. 1. Energy and Fossil Fuels
- B. 2. Energy Conversion, Wasted Energy-Building Skills 4, Energy Conversion Efficiency-Building Skills 5
- B. 3. Combustion-Laboratory Activity
- Unit 4.
- A. 1. The Food Pyramid
- A. 3. Energy Contained in a Snack-Laboratory Activity
- A. 4. Energy Flow-From the Sun to You, How Does Your Garden Grow? -ChemQuandry 1
- A. 5. Energy Release and Storage, Energy in Action-Building Skills 1
- A. 6. Energy In-Energy Out, You Gain Some, You Lose Some-Building Skills 2
- A. 7. Energy Intake-Making Decisions
- A. 7. Charles' Law, T-V Relationships-Building Skills 4
- Core Lab 16: Heat of Combustion of Candle Wax
- ChemCom Food Unit: Calories
- Top Chem Labs:
- 11. Heat Transfer
- 12. Heat of Chemical and Physical Changes
- 15. Heat of Combustion of Candle Wax
- C & H Sugar Lab: Personal Calories Inventory