Due to the observed and potential impacts on statewide Adult ICU Bed Availability and a tripling of district quarantines and isolations between 12/2 and 12/7, the district will transition to district-wide Distance Learning after Saturday, 12/12/2020 for the remainder of the semester.
All students will be in Distance Learning as previously scheduled on Friday, December 11 and will remain in Distance Learning from December 14-18.
- All district extracurricular activities, including spectator sports, assemblies, and performances, will be suspended beginning on Sunday, 12/13 until further notice.
- Elementary school teachers checked out Chromebooks and chargers to students on Thursday, 12/10.
- Chromebooks needing to be repaired or replaced may be brought by an adult to the issuing school’s library on a Distance Learning day. Please call ahead to ensure someone can be there to assist.
- EXCEPT that Bartlesville High School students or their parents should bring high school student Chromebooks needing servicing to BHS Room 132 in the main building between 8-11 a.m. or 1-3 p.m. on a Distance Learning day.
The district’s strong desire is to resume in-person classes with the new semester on Monday, January 4, 2021. However, that will depend on conditions in early January.
We thus urge everyone to follow the precautions recommended by the CDC to lower our high rate of community spread and reduce the burden on our hospitals.
- The Centers for Disease Control now recommends universal use of face masks in all indoor spaces outside of the home. It also recommends face mask use outdoors when physical distancing of at least 6 feet cannot be maintained. However, masks are not recommended for children under 2 years of age and there are a few other exceptions.
- Travel during Winter Break is NOT recommended due to the worsening spread of COVID-19 and overwhelmed hospital systems across the nation. However, if you do travel, please consult this guidance from the Oklahoma State Department of Health.